Thursday, June 21, 2007

'Dead in Rotto'


An attention-getting blog headline from this Irish backpacker.

(But really, shouldn't it be: Dead on Rotto?).

Fluff, from Cork, gets a warning from a travelling companion...

""Turn around really slowly and carefully," Cat has just said, in a very low and cautious tone of voice. "And look at what's behind you."

"I mean, it's got to be the phrase that you least want to hear when you are in the Australian outback. There are other contenders, including "Oh look, we’re in Wolf Creek" and "That's not a log you're sitting on, mate, that's a crocodile" but in terms of sheer gut-wrenching I'm-in-the-place-with-the-most-poisonous-animals-in-the-world-and-they-all-hate-me terror, that one's got to win. That's it. My number is up. This time, I am going to die. And I haven't even seen a bloody quokka yet."

An amusing post follows. And she does get to see a quokka.

No comments:

Post a Comment