Wednesday, May 14, 2008

quokka, smile and laugh


"I have absolutely no idea about these stories of quokkas on Rottnest."

It's Troy Buswell speaking. He knows there are quokkas on the beautiful island, of course. But this yarn on Perth Now has lots more Troy quotes...we've taken out the in-between bits, and excised some Troy talk about Paul Omodei at the end.

"absolutely no substance"

"No."

"I'm not being backward in saying that I'm not a perfect individual and you know I've had a robust past and there may be elements of that that have proved offensive to people.
"I don't shy away away from that at all, but I'm not aware that I've caused any offence to a quokka."

"I have no idea.

"I'm not going to comment on it. All I've heard is people use the word quokka and then smile and laugh.
"I'm just not interested to be honest with you.''

"Members of the press have in passing mentioned the word quokka and suggested to me that something inappropriate in the past may have happened.
"Nothing has, absolutely nothing."

"quite remarkable that some of these bizarre accusations get legs and due consideration".

"I'll tell you what's better with the Liberal Party.
"That is that everybody accepts their responsibility to the collective and to the voters of the state and that they knuckle down and do their jobs properly.
"I mean fanciful stories like this don't do anyone any benefit."

"Politics is not without its moments like this. It happens on both sides of politics from time to time.
"We just have to deal with it and get on with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment