Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Quokka curiosity


Here's another nice recent Flickr photo: it made Rotto Bloggo quite nostalgic for the beautiful island.
The pic was taken three-and-a-half years ago, but codify Flickr'd it earlier this month.
"It was pretty cool to be greeted by a quokka when we arrived at our villa," she tells Rotto Bloggo.
"I also met a mommy quokka with a joey, just a foot away. The joey was being very curious and turned around in the pouch, popping his head out, giving us quite the show. Of course, I didn't have my camera on me at the time.
"Later on, we walked down the same path and saw the mommy a few more times, but I never got a good opportunity to capture her and her joey."
Codify has some other good Rotto pics, including a striking image of a rainbow over Thomson Bay, and asbestos being removed from a cottage.
Image copyright codify

No comments:

Post a Comment