Monday, December 29, 2008

event development horizon


You still have three weeks to apply for a couple of jobs on the beautiful island: events development officer, and front office supervisor. Both pay up to $55, 146.

You’ve got competition for the EDO: local blogger mynxii is very organised, and looks as though her app will be in early: “Did more work on my job application for the Rottnest Island Authority events development officer. I'm really hopeful about this as I think I'd be awesome at it - I need some experience in one or two areas, but I have the greater context of skill and flexibility required for events stuff and I have a solid understanding of how it works as 'stuff'. I am hopeful and crossing my fingers.” You go girl.

Many thanks to Paul from Fremantlebiz for suggesting a different approach in the ongoing saga of Rottnest Romance, the only Bills and Moon romance set on Rotto (and nearing the end of Chapter Three on this blog). I like Paul’s Mintie angle…it’s marvelous what a difference they could make to the plot.

And did you see yesterday’s West revealed the link between Rotto and Learmonth? “The Royal Australian Air Force named Learmonth Airport in honour of World War II Wing-Cdr Charles Learmonth, after his death at the age of 26. He died while on a training flight in January 1944 between Pearce and Rottnest Island in the notoriously dangerous Beaufort bomber.”

There you go. My wife often says there’s a Guildford connection to everything – I maintain it’s Rottnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment